I am 40 and 3years ago was diagnosed with ostiopenia (deficiency of a vit d). Hormones are all fine . Doctors don't agree on treatmen. What sh I take ?

Dr. Ray Tidman
In brief: First correct Vit D
2000u vit d per day for a month , then have your doc check your levels again.
If you can not get these levels up , meds are not of benefit. Your doc will have work to do to find out why, your not absorbing.

In brief: First correct Vit D
Dr. Ray Tidman
Dr. Ray Tidman
Dr. Lori Wagner
In brief: Vit D +
Osteopenia is a disease state in-between normal bone density and osteoporosis.
Vitamin d deficiency is a different disease state. Most certainly your vitamin d should be replaced. I would also make sure that you are getting enough calcium in either your diet or supplements (around 1, 200 mg). The question is whether to use a bisphosphonate for prevention of osteoporosis; must weigh risk/benefits.

In brief: Vit D +
Dr. Lori Wagner
Dr. Lori Wagner
Dr. Arnon Rubin