Mother in icu. Skin infection from mid back to left breast. Red, hot, raised, with blisters and dark purple streaks. Kidney level 15. Cardiac enzyme high. Chest pain. Short breath. What to expect?

Dr. Tony Ho
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Many problems

There are multiple problems going on here; it sounds like a severe skin infection, kidney failure, and a possible heart attack.
Unfortunately, due to the severitty and complexity of this issue, there's no reasonable way to say anything about what to expect other than her prognosis, from those metrics alone, is poor. Talk to the intensive care doctors.

In brief: Many problems

Dr. Dwain Rickertsen

In brief: Family practice

It sounds serious.
What have they told you. Kidney test level of 15. Was that creatine level. If so then your mother had renal failure. The skin lesions sound like shingles. It may have caused severe complications. I wish you and your family well.

In brief: Family practice

It sounds serious.
Dr. Faiza Estrup
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: ? HerpesZoster

Pt may have two different problems, one is her cardiac with elevated enzymes with a superimposed herpes zoster infection.

In brief: ? HerpesZoster

Dr. Diana Metzger
Can't make the diagnosis of HZ from this info alone - may be SJS, Staph, or strep, too.
Dr. Diana Metzger
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Need to discuss w/dr

Sounds serious but too little information given for intelligent answer. Your mother's doctor will be able to give you better answer than this forum. I suggest you make a list of your specific questions and ask the ICU nurses to arrange a time when you can meet with her drs.
This will help you organize your thoughts and help the dr. Understand your concerns as well.

In brief: Need to discuss w/dr

Dr. Adam Levy