My 2.5 yr old son is wheezing. Dr has prescribed Ventolin HFA 108. (90base). Is that too aggressive. Will it increase his chances of getting asthma?

In brief: No/no

This is a standard treatment for symptomatic wheezing.
I hope you were instructed in use of a spacer as it is hard for a 2.5 yo to get the benefit of an inhaler without one. Just squirting it in would be a waste. If you are born with asthma genes you will eventually get it. You don't get it from treating wheezing.Most wheezing in kids (70%) is infection related and quits recurring by school age.

In brief: No/no

Dr. Christine Hom

In brief: Asthma

Ventolin can help relieve the symptom of wheezing but will not increase the risk of developing asthma unless used indiscriminately without treating underlying inflammation.
For a viral illness of a few days, should be fine.

In brief: Asthma

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology