Hi Dr. I have been advised to take 5000 -10 000 mcg of biotin a day. My pack recommends 1 tablet a day which contains 300 mcg a day. Which is correct?

Dr Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Biotin is a vitamin

necessary for the formation of fatty acids and glucose and in the metabolism of amino acids and carbohydrates.
Because deficiency of biotin is rare, there is no RDA (Recommended Dietary Allowance) for it. Normal intakes for adults are 30 to 100 mcg. As you can see 5000-10,000 is excessive. Eat more cauliflower, bananas, carrots, liver, salmon. Save your money. Supplements not needed. Stay well:)

In brief: Biotin is a vitamin

Dr Julie Abbott
Dr Julie Abbott
Dr Marsha Davis