Broke my fibula 9 days ago, low impact, no surgery. Given walking boot and crutches. Feels like I would be OK to bear weight on it, possibly lose crutches. Is this an option at this point? How long should I wait to bear weight? Can't get into my ortho Dr

Dr. Steven Puccio
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Ankle

If you are having and will this comfort regarding this ankle bearing weight may not be a bad option, it would depend on whether there was any displacement which is does not sound like there was, as long as the pain does not worsen ambulating with the boot and utilizing the crutches as an assistive device but bearing for weight is probably OK to do.
If youbegin to develop pain then you may want to begin to develop pain then you may want to consider backing off and taking some of the weight of the ankle

In brief: Ankle

Dr. Steven Puccio
Dr. Steven Puccio
Dr. Marsha Davis