I have chronic hepb which has caused cirrosis is it likely to get worse ? Also what illnesses am I likely to get from it.

Dr. Jason Hemming
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Cancer

The biggest concern besides the progression of cirrhosis to decompensated disease is the development of hepato cellular carcinoma.
Fortunately there are good treatment options for hcc included preferred transplant listing if detected early. I strongly suggest you follow closely with a gastroenterologist who obtains AFP and imaging every 6months.

In brief: Cancer

Dr. Jason Hemming
Dr. Jason Hemming
Anything that you and your physicians can do to suppress the smoldering hepatitis B infection will be a good thing. Cirrhosis is partially reversible; unchecked, it will get worse and render you either unable to think clearly, or uncomfortable from fluid in the abdomen, bleeding, jaundice, and or itching. Dr. Hemming's advice for close follow-up (cancer tests, other) is excellent.
Pathology

It will get worse and probably eventually kill you.
Death will come even faster if you develop hepatocellular cacinoma, which is very common in this setting. Having hepatitis b managed even at your stage can cause the cirrhosis to reverse partially and give you years of feeling better. Good luck.

Dr. Keegan Duchicela