Full width radial sagittal band tear in my middle finger. What's the normal recovery time from surgical repair? Options besides surgery? Thanks!

Dr. Matthew Parker

In brief: Options:

Typically, if you have a "full-thickness" or "full-width" tear of pretty much anything, I recommend having a surgeon take a look.
Soft tissues can often heal if there is still a portion remaining untorn. But when the whole thing is in 2 pieces, it has to be put back together. Because it's a finger, (unless ur a musician, etc) id think u should b able to be mostly active in a few days at most.

In brief: Options:

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine