I take a beta-blocker med call metoprolol 75 mg day. My heart rate is still fast and my heart is pounding in my chest really hard all the time. Is it normal?

Dr. Charles Turck
Pharmacology

And by yes, I mean that there is still room for your prescriber to increase your dose.
It's worth letting them know now that you have not gotten relief; you reach a steady concentration of metoprolol within your first doses, so if this dose is not effective enough, we already know. What's more, if you're on it partly to prevent arrhythmia, then we need to get that heart rate under control!

Dr. Charles Turck
Dr. Charles Turck
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine