If I only drink 4 medium glasses of water/juice a day and one mug coffee is this enough? If not could it cause pain in kidney area?

Dr. Matthew Parker

In brief: Maybe?

I think the amount of water you are drinking is probably sufficient to prevent any kidney issues, if you're doing it regularly.
If you have kidney-type pain despite this, I think I would want to get a urinalysis (or at least an in-office "dipstick"-type test of your urine) to look for abnormalities. This may show infection, blood (that might indicate a kidney stone, etc). Good luck!

In brief: Maybe?

Dr. Matthew Parker
Dr. Matthew Parker
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine