My gum is really sore at the back of my mouth,it feels like a tooth is trying to come through could this be a wisdom tooth im 41 not had 1 through yet?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Sore gums

What you describe could be from any number of things.
I suggest you see your dentist asap for a one on one clinical exam, x-rays and and evaluation. While it might be as simple as an irritation, it could be something that needs treatment and perhaps then the longer you wait the bigger the problem.

In brief: Sore gums

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Find out

See a Dentist for x-ray and examination of area to find out what's going on and what treatment would be appropriate.
Pain should not be ignored.

In brief: Find out

Pain should not be ignored.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Justin Nelson
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: Could be

Could be a wisdom tooth but it also it could just be that you traumatized the tissue or got something stuck around the area & you are healing from it.
I'd clean it gently, take some ibuprofen for pain/inflammation & start a warm water salt rinse to south the area as I monitor it for 1-2days. If not better then see your local dentist. No worries

In brief: Could be

Dr. Justin Nelson
Dr. Justin Nelson
Dr. Jack Hinkle