29/f. Sore throat for 3 days, no congestion, low grade fever, negative rapid strep test. Should I be concerned about mono? when should I get tested?

In brief: Not necessarily

While mono is one of many viral causes of soar throats, I would not be overly concerned about not testing.
The luck among us get it in childhood when it acts like most other "bugs" & fades quickly.If so you are immune.Adults tend to suffer major symptoms & may be bedbound for a few weeks.The inflamed tonsils of mono are some of the nastiest I have ever seen.If your not that sick, just take it easy

In brief: Not necessarily

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology