What would cause pain in my left hip that radiates down the front of my leg? This occurs while I am lying down for an extended period.

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman

In brief: Hip/leg pain

Could be a variant of sciatica (radiates down back/ and side), or piriformis syndrome or L2 disc herniation- consider LS spine MRI , or meralgia paralytica -lateral femoral cutaneous nerve compression usually with weight gain, diabetes, seat belt trauma-a burning in lateral thigh.
Would also check for abdominal lesions that could result in pain like ovarian/colon/appendix masses. f/u/ doc

In brief: Hip/leg pain

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Dr. Charles Gordon
Pediatrics - Adolescent Medicine

In brief: ??sciatica??

Sciatica starts in the back and radiates down the back of the leg.
You should really see a live doc and have a thorough history and exam of your body and hip and possibly an MRI. You might have an infectious process, an arthritic process, trauma, or all sorts of other nastiness. This can not be answered in 400 spaces on a computer!

In brief: ??sciatica??

Dr. Charles Gordon
Dr. Charles Gordon
Dr. Mark Pack