I have a hypo thyroid prob and I'm 8 months postpartum and I have a lump in the right side of my neck and my doctor says bc my thyroid is inflamed??

In brief: PPartum Thyroiditis?

21 year old mother with hypothyroidism of unknown duration.
You need a full exam and evaluation by a specialist in Endocrinology. Studies show that postpartum thyroiditis causes hyperthyroidism then a longer period of hypothyroidism. TPO antibodies should be checked as should thyroid status. Hypoparathyroidism symptoms can persist in women past 1 year postpartum.

In brief: PPartum Thyroiditis?

Dr. Cornelius O'leary jr
Here is a study to help you understand. In addition, just because you are in the postpartum period does not mean you have postpartum thyroiditis. A nodule should be examined by a specialist to see if it is functional and secreting anything. It may not even be a thyroid nodule but a specialist will find out for you. Good luck to you: http://www.hindawi.com/journals/jtr/2014/531969/
Dr. Adam Levy