Had ankle surgery 3 weeks ago havin really bad swelling in ankle & foot & have had a low grade fever of 99.2-99.7 for a few days should I be worried?

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: Why RU waiting......

Let me put it this way.
If I did surgery on you three weeks ago and you were having the symptoms stated, I would hope that you would call the office at once. These circumstances are part and parcel to the science of surgery and post operative care.

In brief: Why RU waiting......

Let me put it this way.
Dr. Jeffrey Kahn
Podiatry

In brief: Contact the surgeon

Swelling is not unusual but if excessive could indicate a possible infection especially if you have been staying off of your foot/ankle and elevating.
A low grade temperature is common after surgery. If it is just starting it could indicate a possible infection. Have your surgeon examine you to be sure.

In brief: Contact the surgeon