Does lung cancer include throat congestion as a symptom?

Not usually. Mesothelioma can lead to shortness of breath or chest pain, but upper airway congestion is not a common symptom. Cough is a common symptom of lung cancer, but cough is also common for lots of benign reasons. Post-nasal drip is the most common.
Possibly. Lung tumors can spread to lymph nodes in the upper chest (mediastinum) which can damage the nerve to the left vocal cord causing hoarseness and increasing the chance of choking. Affected nodes or direct spread from the tumor could damage the esophagus with attendant swallowing problems. Not sure what you mean by throat congestion.