Can I sing an opera tonight if I have strep throat, but I have been on antibiotics for 24 hours?

In brief: You may

You would not be considered contagious after 24 hours on the med, so it would not be a risk to others.
Strep does not usually affect the vocal cords. Whether this is a good idea or not is hard to say without a better understanding of how this illness has effected you.

In brief: You may

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Mgt

If you feel well enough, but I would advise resting, drinking warm fluids and monitoring your temperature.

In brief: Mgt

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Murray Grossan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Avoid hematoma

I advise my patients against singing opera becaause of concern of getting a hematoma A hematoma of vocal cords is very serious and could lead to permanent hoarseness, so the risk is too great

In brief: Avoid hematoma

Dr. Murray Grossan
Dr. Murray Grossan
Dr. Shontae Buffington