What medication can be taken for Gastritis, heart burn, reflux if one is allergic to omeprazole. I had acute allergic reaction to 10mg omeprazole.

Gastritis. Besides the PPIs which is the class of drug that omeprazole belongs to, there are H2 blockers class like ranitidine, pepcid (famotidine) and medication like sucralafate. Would discuss with your doctor before starting somethign new. Also check for H pylori a bacteria that has been associated with gastritis/ ulcers ,as gastritis due to h pylori will not heal unless it is treated w/ antibiotics.