I am on the birth control pill but my period was very light and lasted about 4 days. Can I be pregnant? Or is it common to have a light period

Lighter periods are. It is quite common that "periods will be lighter and shorter"while on oral contraceptive pills which usually reduce your risks of pregnancy (are 92 to 94% effective) but will not eliminate the possibility of a pregnancy. If you need to know, check your pregnancy tests. If you would like to feel safer and use the most effective methods of contraception, ask a knowledgeable and caring Gyn for a LARC.