I am having a left hip arthroscopy in 2 weeks time. I took 150mg testosterone enanthate 4 times overthe last 2 weeks. Will this effect my surgery?

Dr. David Lipkin

In brief: Not directly, but:

Testosterone replacement therapy is associated with increased risk of venous thromboembolism(DVT and pulmonary embolism).
The risk is likely small and preventive measures are routinely ordered pre and/or post op to prevent DVT but you should mention this to your surgeon. It may be wise to not take any more testosterone till a month after surgery. Discuss this with your physician.

In brief: Not directly, but:

Dr. David Lipkin
Dr. David Lipkin
Dr. Clarence Grim
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Testosterone surg

You need to ask your doctor who knows you best.
We do not have enough information to help.

In brief: Testosterone surg

Dr. Clarence Grim
Dr. Clarence Grim
Dr. Arnon Rubin