I stopped taking birth control over a year ago and I haven't had a normal period since then is that normal?

Marianne DiNapoli

In brief: Depends.

It depends what you mean by "normal.
" some women have cycles that are longer or shorter, or heavier or lighter -there is a range of what is considered normal menstruation. If you are experiencing extremely heavy bleeding, painful periods, or have another concern, you should see a physician.

In brief: Depends.

It depends what you mean by "normal.
Marianne DiNapoli
Marianne DiNapoli
Answer assisted by Marianne Di Napoli, Medical Student
Dr. Luis Gonzalez

In brief: Menstrual disorders

If your periods were normal before starting the pill, they should go back to normal after a couple of cycles.
Your body might have changed during the time you where on the pill. (not necessarily because of the pill). See your doctor for proper evaluation.

In brief: Menstrual disorders

Dr. Luis Gonzalez
Dr. Luis Gonzalez
Dr. Adam Levy