What is the correct amount of amityripiline for sleep.

Dr. Nathaniel Schuster
Pain Management

In brief: Can help with sleep

I prescribe amitriptyline often for people like you who have both headaches and difficulty with sleep.
I have them increase it no faster than once a week until they get to a dose that helps their symptoms without side effects. Feel free to consult me to discuss further.

In brief: Can help with sleep

Dr. Nathaniel Schuster
Dr. Nathaniel Schuster
Dr. Michelle King

In brief: Amitriptyline

Is used to treat depression, certain types of pain, and to prevent migraines, but it's not a treatment for insomnia.
It may cause sedation in some patients and may be taken at bedtime for that reason. If you're having insomnia, please talk to your doctor and have a sleep evaluation.

In brief: Amitriptyline

Dr. Michelle King
Dr. Michelle King
Dr. Darwin Eton
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Use another med

In brief: Use another med

amitriptyline is indicated, per label, for depression, neuropathic pain from diabetes, post herpes nerve pain, migraine prophylaxis.
Dr. Darwin Eton
Dr. Darwin Eton