Does raynaud's also involve heat and redness in addition to cold and purplish hands/feet? I have heat and cold alternating in my hands/feet

Dr. Eric Chiang
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Three color phases

Raynaud syndrome or phenomena often involve three color phase change with blue/purple, red, or white.
You are not necessary to have all three. But need to have at least two out of three. Pattern of involvement, unilateral vs bilateral. Overall I will suggest to take a picture or go in when you have flare and discuss with your rheumatologist for diagnosis and management plan.

In brief: Three color phases

Dr. Andrea Brand