What is the treatment for fibromyalgia syndrome? Does ingested cannabis and vitamin D help?

Dr. Jayshree Chander
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Each case is unique

Each case is unique, what works for one may not work for another. I suggest you consult a clinician for a thorough clinical evaluation including history, physical examination, and blood tests.
You and your doctor may also decide to consider alternative therapeutic modalities.

In brief: Each case is unique

Dr. Jayshree Chander
Dr. Jayshree Chander
Dr. Jayshree Chander
Thank you for your note of appreciation. I'm glad I could be helpful to you. Best wishes.
Dr. Eric Chiang
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Need multiple

Different approach include medications, deep message, low impact exercise, cognitive behavior therapy, sleep quality, etc.
If fibromyalgia is secondary then need to treat the underlying cause. It is very complex and require in depth eval. Cannabis use is controversial and definitely not the first line and mainstream therapy. Improve Vit D level could be beneficial, but not first line either.

In brief: Need multiple

Dr. Eric Chiang
Dr. Eric Chiang