Hi, I get sun allergy, sunscreen is not working for me and my GP gave me steroids cream which is not safe to use all the times. I have very dry skin a?

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Try opaque ones

If your problem is an itchy skin rash after sun exposure, then try a sunscreen with titanium or zinc.
If you have dry skin, regular application of moisturizer immediately after bathing is essential. I wonder how the diagnosis of sun allergy was made since there are several types of reaction with sun exposure. Be sure you are not taking a drug which sensitizes you to the sun. See dermatologist.

In brief: Try opaque ones

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Ward Dean
Board Certified, Anti-Aging Medicine