I'm 23 and my pap showed I have new blood vessels on my cervix and that I have abnormal cells. Doc said come back in 6months. Should I be worried?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: No worries

"Abnormal cells" usually means HPV infection and the kinds of cell changes that could mean future cervical cancer risk.
If such changes are mild, repeat pap in a few months is typical. However, I haven't a clue what is meant by a pap shoing "new blood vessels". Contact your doctor to clarify all the details. But if she doesn't need to see you for 6 months, you can safely assume it's not serious.

In brief: No worries

Dr. Adam Levy