In bed, turned head & got a burning sensation from outer ear to throat. Soapy taste in mouth. Itchy ear & burning feeling in throat. What is this?

Dr. Nathaniel Schuster
Pain Management

In brief: Go to emergency room

If the symptoms are all on one side of your head/neck, ask them to evaluate you for a carotid dissection.
It's an injury to a blood vessel in the neck that can cause the symptoms you describe. They'll do imaging of the blood vessels. If they find a carotid dissection, they'll start a medicine to thin your blood while the injury heals. If you have any questions, I'm available for a virtual consult.

In brief: Go to emergency room

Dr. Nathaniel Schuster
Dr. Nathaniel Schuster