Have 6mm stable gallstone. Doc says do nothing since I feel fine. But what if I get pregnant and get symptoms? Can gallbladder surgery hurt pregnancy?

In brief: Usually no problem

Most people with gallstones don't have a problem with them, so we don't routinely remove the gallbladder just for stones.
However, if you start having symptoms of pain, nausea or vomiting that may be due to the gallbladder, those symptoms will likely worsen over time until you get the GB out. The same goes for pregnant women. 2nd trimester for surgery is safest if absolutely necessary.

In brief: Usually no problem

Dr. Mark Dickson
Dr. Mark Dickson
Dr. Jane Van Dis