Can you develop a reaction to antihistamines like Benadryl (diphenhydramine). I have been taking it for a few days and little red bumps are forming on my cheeks?

Dr. Ron Jones

In brief: Photo

A photograph would be nice.
The human body is very complex and I suppose one could develop a reaction to anything. There is more than just Benadryl (diphenhydramine) in the capsule. There are other substances that act as fillers and binders. That being said, skin reactions to medications rarely "choose" one location to show up. These skin reactions are usually wide spread over the body. Its not the Benadryl (diphenhydramine).

In brief: Photo

A photograph would be nice.