My son is a 14 yr old athlete and has been complaining about his knees hurting tonight After basketball practice he has a bulging vein behind his knee?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: You state he

Complains about his knees and then remark he has a bulging vein behind his knee.
I would tend to think the vein is not the issue as you reveal if I understood he only has the vein on one limb. I would make sure he ices the knees. I would examine his feet to check if he prorates excessively or if the foot moves towards a flattened position as his puts xtra pressure on knees. Growing pains as well.

In brief: You state he

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jonathan Jassey