Been on Effexor (venlafaxine) xr 150mg for 6 weeks for panic attacks and depression I do feel a little better should I expect more improvement or go up 225mg?

Add therapy. I would suggest, to maximize your gains, adding some psychotherapy. Therapy and meds are generally more effective together than one or the other alone. If you aren't comfortable doing that, there are some techniques you can teach yourself. Here are a few helpful books: 1. Mindfulness for Beginners, 2. The Happiness Trap, 3. Feeling Good.
Effexor (venlafaxine) XR dose. Trust in Healing Powers of your Body! Do not think a lot about panic attacks and depression Focus on Activities with pleasure in every day life. Be Captain of your symptoms, NOT VICTIM! Present dose of Effexor (venlafaxine) XR 150mg /day seems adequate dose. Follow with See a Psychiatrist for Diagnosis; discuss medications for anxiety and depression, dose, their benefits and side effects.