Had a cavity on my lateral incisor and so 1/3 of the medial surface was filed down and then bonded. The bonding keeps chipping. Can I request a veneer?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Absolutely

You can request anything you want.
But the restoration you request may or may not be the best solution for your problem. Talk to your Dentist about the pros and cons of the various restorations available to you. Between the two of you the best decision will be made.

In brief: Absolutely

You can request anything you want.

In brief: Speak with DDS

Have the dentist check the bite, prior to suggesting a new restoration, veneer or crown.

In brief: Speak with DDS

In brief: You can...

.. but is the veneer the best restoration for the tooth? A third of it is missing, so that means you will have a veneer that wraps around and takes up a good portion of the tooth.
Why does it keep chipping? Your bite? If so, the veneer may keep popping off. So many considerations when deciding on a restoration. What does your dentist suggest?

In brief: You can...

Dr. Justin Nelson
Dentistry - Pediatric

Yes, you can always ask for a veneer or crown based on size of filling needs vs amount of natural tooth structure remaining.
Please have it evaluated but I would also look at chewing habits etc to see why it keeps chipping first. No worries. Connect with my Virtual Practice on Healthtap for any dental questions with my special keycode: DFWMCQ! Securely video or text chat by virtual appointment. http://htap.us/28qexs

In brief: Veneer

Yes, you may request a consultation with your dentist for a veneer who will evaluate the tooth and tell you if a veneer will be the correct procedure for your tooth after examining it.

In brief: Veneer

Dr. Steven Seres