Itchy/Prickly skin. Mostly upper body when laying and sometimes sitting. Worse in the evening before sleeping. Not during sleep. No rash. ?

Dr. Edward Keuer
Dermatology

In brief: Emollients

The most common cause is environmental, so I would first suggest keeping baths and showers warm, not hot.
Directly after bathing/showering apply a good moisturizer (Cetaphil, Cerave, Aveeno, (oatmeal) even Vaseline lightly) to these areas. You did not mention your age or the status of your general health, so start with the emollients first and give it 2 weeks or so.

In brief: Emollients