It is so very cold in some doctors offices that I almost literally shiver although I am very healthy. Can this maybe raise my blood pressure reading?

Dr. Dev Vaz
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: No need to worry!

There is a general anxiety about being in a doctor's office which often results in elevated blood pressure.
This phenomenon is called "white coat hypertension". Being uncomfortable, as in feeling cold, pain, anxiety, etc. can also elevated blood pressure. Each individual is slightly different and unique in his or her threshold for cold tolerance. This is normal variation seen in nature and doesnot necessarily imply an underlying illness.

In brief: No need to worry!

Dr. Dev Vaz
Dr. Dev Vaz
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology