I have automated Blood pressure checker and my BP is normal , but i tried measuring my BP on ankle instead of hand and it was very high (170,90)why?

In brief: In a healthy

individual, the tibial artery in the ankle will be higher than the brachial arm artery.
This is due to its length, its circumference and its location from the heart. If you are concerned about your pressures you should definitely follow up with your doctor!

In brief: In a healthy

Dr. Ashley Vanderloop
Dr. Ashley Vanderloop
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: Ankle Brachial Index

It appears you have stumbled across a test used to assess vascular disease.
It is known as the ankle- brachial index. Take your systolic pressure, in your case 170, and divide it by the systolic pressure of your arm. If the value is between 1.1-1.4, it is considered normal. A value of 0.9 or less may indicate blockage. Try it.

In brief: Ankle Brachial Index

Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine