Is it okay to drink Calcium Ascorbate Vit C while drinking Cefdinir Safdicure 300mg Antibiotic? Thanks for the response.

Dr. Eric Fete
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Yes but

I would not drink both at the same time as calcium can interfere with absorption of many nutrients.

In brief: Yes but

Dr. Eric Fete
Dr. Eric Fete
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Vitamin C is of limited value.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology

In brief: Need information

What you left out is important.
Why the cephalosporin antibiotic? How long? Any other meds or Vits? Duration? Vit C supplement is a waste of money. Calcium may interfere with absorption of antibiotic. No harm in skipping calcium until antibiotic is finished.

In brief: Need information

What you left out is important.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: CA Vitamin C

I started working in the lab about vitamins several decades ago and , to date, I cannot see any reason to drink vitamin C!

In brief: CA Vitamin C

Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Dr. William Forsythe