My baby will be 1 years old next month but I still feel tired and out of energy all the time. What can I do to boost my energy?

Dr. Eric Anderson

In brief: Tired Momma

Lots of reasons to be tired, mom, especially if your 1-year-old is very active! but, you might have medical reasons for being tired all the time.
Endocrine issues such as hypothyroidism can show up as fatigue. Significant anemia can, such as found in iron deficiency, show up as fatigue. Anxiety and depression are also possible. I recommend you see your doctor to evaluate for this chronic fatigue.

In brief: Tired Momma

Dr. Eric Anderson
Dr. Eric Anderson
2 comments
Dr. Charlene Sojico
a lot of times, it is LACK of SLEEP, you are EXHAUSTED. getting a good night's sleep , straight 6-8 hours will take care of the problem as long as you are medically cleared -health wise! you can get your baby sleeping through the night, stop all night feedings. YOU can DO it. it makes a world of differrence, ENJOY your baby and love yourself.
Dr. Eric Anderson
You're welcome!
Dr. Thomas Balshi
Dermatology

In brief: Vit. B and C

Other then a full night's sleep, try increasing the amount of vit.
B + c that you get from food or take a supplement.

In brief: Vit. B and C

Dr. Thomas Balshi
Dr. Thomas Balshi
Dr. Divyansu Patel

In brief: Good night of sleep

Make sure you get a good night of sleep.
Physical activity and healthy diet should help increase.

In brief: Good night of sleep

Dr. Divyansu Patel
Dr. Divyansu Patel
Dr. Julia Frank

In brief: Post partum fatigue

Some women become hypthyroid after pregnancy.
Your doctor can do a simple blood test to find out if that is your problem. Otherwise, disturbed sleep and lack of exercise cause a lot of prolonged fatigue.

In brief: Post partum fatigue

Dr. Julia Frank
Dr. Julia Frank
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Fatigue

It's exhausting for the first year of being a mother. I wonder though, if you should have a blood test to rule out anemia?

In brief: Fatigue

Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Shontae Buffington