I have a bunion on my left foot skin has some redness and inflammation not painful. but sore when shoe is on causing friction. any suggestions?

Dr. Payam Sarraf
Podiatry

In brief: Bunions

Bunions are a deformity that is caused when the big toe drifts towards the lesser toes, creating a painful bump on the inside of your foot.
Unlike most conditions of the foot and ankle, bunions have limited options for conservative treatment. Shoe changes, padding, and anti-inflammatory medications are ways to temporarily manage the pain associated with bunions.

In brief: Bunions

Dr. Payam Sarraf
Dr. Payam Sarraf