Can a mini echo test (in hospital) rule out Mitral Valve Prolapse or Mitral Stenosis? The doctor did an ultrasound last night and said everything looked good. Can't afford full echo but he said I need one to fully rule out any valve problem.

Poor test. Why did the doc dis the test for the first time See a specialist ask for referral to a radiologist// cardiologist for detailed examination if needed - a board certified trained physician to interpret the test.
Careful. Always get. copy & view the echo video images yourself & work to understand. Echo quality varies extremely widely, Mitral valve usually viewed from 4 viewpoints (short & long axis, apical & subcostal) in usual transthoracic echos. Mitral prolapse is a visual judgement, widely varying by viewer & rarely of real importance long term. Mitral leak & amount=important issue, Mitral stenosis=rare & very important.
Did he listen to you. Usually people with MVP are a symptomatic . Mitral stenosis is a narrowing of the opening where the valve is. The excuse sounds fishy to me. NYC has great places for cardiology. Go to one of those.