Does Amitriptyline affect blood pressure?

It may. Amitriptyline is known to lower blood pressure. But it may also raise blood pressure in some people. Lowering of blood pressure is a more common side effect with this medication. People 65 or older need to be extra careful when getting up suddenly because amitriptyline may drop the blood pressure enough to cause dizziness and a fall when getting up too quickly from a sitting position.
Amitriptyline effect. I commend you for your desire for Good Health Amitriptyline is used to treat symptoms of depression. It can affect Blood Pressure Cardiovascular side effects may be orthostatic hypotension or hypertension. Please see your Physician for Blood Pressure , benefits and side effects of medications you are taking, and medication interactions. See Psychiatrist for Therapy and Amitriptyline monitoring.