Can I Lexapro (escitalopram) 10mg during the day instead of before sleep? I feel no psychoactive effect this normal?. Only sleeplessness side effect. for OCD / GAD

Dr. Krishna Kumar

In brief: OCD, GAD

I understand your concern.
Lexapro (escitalopram) works for 24 hours. Due to sleeplessness, take Lexapro (escitalopram) after lunch. Not feeling much improvement for OCD/GAD, is likely due to lack of Therapy and low dose of Lexapro (escitalopram). See Psychiatrist for Therapy and discuss dose of Lexapro (escitalopram) and gradually increase the dose. For Anxiety, Do Breathing and Music Relaxation For OCD, become Captain over your obsessions and compulsions

In brief: OCD, GAD

I understand your concern.
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Dr. Krishna Kumar

You can take the medicine anytime of the day however it should be the same time everyday.
I would assume your doctor gave you lexapro (escitalopram) to help with insomnia that is secondary to the issues you have. You may not notice the effects right away and it may take a higher dose to get the effect. Talk to your Doctor.

Dr. Matthew Holtkamp
Dr. Matthew Holtkamp
Dr. Eric Weisman