When I run my legs get extremely itchy and get a rash. I am not new to running but it always happens. Why is thia and can I prevent it?

In brief: Interesting!
Some people have been known to get leg itching and rashes from running (cause is unknown).
If it is from histamine release, one can try taking Claritin (loratadine) or Zyrtec, 1/2 hour before running. If it is from the cold, try wearing sweats. If it is from blocked sweat glands, try a sauna 3 times a week. Maybe one can make a dermatologist appointment, and then run to the clinic to show a fresh itchy rash.

In brief: Interesting!