I have runny nose and sore throat and body ache. It feels like just regular cold symptoms, but it has been going on for 2 days now. Is there a medication I can take that is not OTC.

10-14 days. A cold can take up to 10-14 days to fully resolve. It is important to allow yourself to take full and adequate rest in order to speed up recovery. Take 3-4 days off from work, sleep a lot, gargle with warm salt water with turmeric. There are several over the counter remedies to help with symptoms, and some Ayurvedic or Chinese herbs that can help speed recovery if taken in the first few days.