Hi. On Tuesday I got a standard dental cleaning. Now today the gum behind my lower left wisdom tooth which is fully erupted and not impacted is swolle?

Dr. Justin Nelson
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: No worries

No worries.
..this is a common thing to happen around a back wisdom tooth area due to the type of tissue and how it will heal from a cleaning vs other areas. Not to say that the hygienist might have been a little to thorough in that area but I would clean/floss as normal, take some IBU for inflammation and do a warm salt rinse 2x per day until better (1-3days)

In brief: No worries

No worries.
Dr. Vicken Poochikian