I have a non-painful ganglion cyst on my index finger at a joint. Do not have insurance for a hand orthopedic MD but for a general ortho. MD. Good?

Yes. Any orthopedist should be able to handle.
Yes. A 'general' Orthopaedic surgeon in good standing would be be fine. He can also examine your finger / X-rays to make sure it is a ganglion cyst and not an arthritic ( mucous) cyst or other. Best of Luck!

Related Questions

I have a ganglion cyst on the top joint of my finger. Should I have a hand surgeon remove it?

Not necessarily. If doesn't bother you, then leave it alone. Ganglion cysts tend to recur after removal and they never turn into anything serious. Read more...