Dear dr lm pregnant..8wks and l complain of blocked nose, sputum all the day which make me nueseated all the time.Its diffecult to bring sputum out.?

Dr. Phil Zapanta
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Irrigation
Since you are pregnant, you really cannot take any medications to help decongestant your nose.
A good remedy is using over the counter saline irrigation. It is basically salt water that you use to flush out your nasal passages. This can help loosen up the nasal mucus and clean the area. Most of my patients find some benefit. Please use distilled water or boil the 1st (let it cool!).

In brief: Irrigation
Dr. Phil Zapanta
Dr. Phil Zapanta
Dr. David Mann
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Pregnancy and nose
Nasal congestion increases with pregnancy.
The hormonal changes cause this. Saline nasal spray helps clean out nose and acts as a mild decongestant. Sudafed is also the preferrred decongestant during pregnancy. It is generally considered safe. I would only recommend using it though if one was miserable. Also, chlorphineramine is ok.

In brief: Pregnancy and nose
Dr. David Mann
Dr. David Mann
Dr. John McMahan
Sinus infections are more frequent insuring pregnancy especially if you had issues in the past. If your drainage is yellow or green or if pain or fever is present see an ENT physician for advice.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
In brief: Sinusitis
It sounds like you have a sinusitis.
If the discharge (sputum or nasal drainage) is clear ot white, you can use over the counter decongestants and mucolytics, both are safe during pregnancy. However, if the discharge (sputum) is green or yellow, you should see your doctor for an antibiotic as well.

In brief: Sinusitis
It sounds like you have a sinusitis.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Jane Van Dis