Doctor diagnosed with occipital neuralgia, sore spot on right base of skull, but get tingling in front head and forehead and temple?

Dr. Stephen Rodrigues

In brief: Pain? Think muscles!

Stresses and work of life causes pain located in micro-scars in muscles of the neck which drive aches, pains and misery.
Txmt is a holistic recipe of self-care, wellness, Vits, Magnesium supp, sleep,, massage, yoga, stretching, chiropractors. Tub soaking. As a doctor, I’ve rediscovered modified versions of acupuncture/trigger points inj, which roots out the pain.

In brief: Pain? Think muscles!

Dr. Ilene Ruhoy
Neurology

In brief: Common

The pain of occipital neuralgia frequently radiates to the frontal region.
Occipital neuralgia can be caused by trauma, injury, inflammation, or compression of the greater occipital nerve somewhere along its course from the C2 dorsal root to the periphery.

In brief: Common