Can acid reflux cause weight loss?

Possibly... There is a possibility that gerd (gastroesophogeal reflux disease) could lead to weight loss if the severity of the illness was so severe that you were being malnourished as a result. If you have frequent symptoms of acid reflux despite treatment with over the counter or prescription medication you need to contact a gastroenterologist and have an exam and upper endoscopy.
Yes/If? If the reflux is so severe that you are not eating and taking in enough calories, yes, it can cause weight loss. If this is the case, you should be seen expediently by a GI doctor or surgeon and get an endoscopy of the GI tract to see what is going on. Stricture, tumor and infection could be present and causing this. This sounds extreme and I would not put it off. See doctor now!