I have quite a lot of varicose/spider veins in my legs. Should I be co corned about very painful ones at the front of my knee? Tender to touch gently

Dr. John Landi
Phlebology

In brief: Types of veins.

Both spider and varicose veins can be treated very successfully and cosmetically very acceptably.
You should see a vein specialist for a full venous evaluation including a venous ultrasound. Varicose veins are usually due to refluxing saphenous vein valves and spider veins have many causes. Painful veins may have clots in them and should be evaluated.

In brief: Types of veins.

In brief: Yes, pain

in a superficial venous varicosity could mean thrombosis or skin breakdown.
Or it could be something else, b/c such severe pain in front of knee is a bit unusual for varicose vein. Show it to your doctor to be sure.

In brief: Yes, pain