Do you think I can go to gym if I have a mild mitral valve prolapse with trivial mitral regurgitation?

Dr. Jessica Allan

In brief: Yes go to gym

Contact your Internist and Cardiologist and ask them if you are medically clear to engage in gym activities.
Mild and trivial heart murmurs are common. Unless your doctors specifically told you not to exercise there is no barrier to exercise in my opinion. In fact there are multiple studies suggesting exercise is beneficial. Start by going to the American Heart Association for recommendations!

In brief: Yes go to gym

Dr. Jessica Allan
Dr. Jessica Allan
Pathology

In brief: Absolutely!

The most important thing for you be far, right now, is not to think of yourself as a cardiac cripple, or as disadvantaged in any way.
Staying in good cardiovascular shape may even prevent you from having annoying rhythm problems that can attend mitral valve prolapse. By all means, give it your best and enjoy the rewards -- one of the finest gifts you can gift yourself.

In brief: Absolutely!

Dr. Anita Prakash
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Yes!

Same question. Same answer

In brief: Yes!

Same question. Same answer
Dr. Anita Prakash
Dr. Anita Prakash
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine