I have had jock itch for over a week, i've been treating with econazole nitrate for 11 days and using miconazole nitrate powder. Is it ok to have sex or will I transfer this to my partner?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: No risk, no worries

The fungi that cause jock itch are around all the time anyway, whether or not someone has obvious jock itch.
Most people carry them, and therefore exposure to somone with active jock itch doesn't increase their risk. It's best to avoid sex in severe infections with inflammation, soreness, weeping fissures, etc -- but this is mostly for comfort, not partner protection. No worries.

In brief: No risk, no worries

Dr. Claudia Anglade

In brief: Skin contact

It can be transmitted through close skin or sexual contact and sharing towels.
Typically 3-4 weeks of treatment is needed to cure. I would recommend avoiding sex until at least 1 week after the rash has disappeared.

In brief: Skin contact

Dr. Adam Levy